We respect and protect the privacy of our users.
Charles Service Company (CSC) (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://www.charlesserviceco.com.au/ (the “site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use Of Information
Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
CSC complies with the:
- Information Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to its non-commercial activities;
- National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to its commercial activities;
- Australian Direct Marketing Association Code of Practice in relation to how we market to our customers;
- Privacy and secrecy requirements contained in Part 7B of the Australian Postal Corporation Act 1989 (Cth) in relation to our handling of mail and postal information;
- Spam Act 2003 (Cth) in relation to electronic marketing; and
- Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) in the event that any telemarketing is undertaken.
CSC is committed to working with its customers to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy.
To contact us with a compliment or complaint or a privacy question, you can:
- Write to us at: 6 Mayfair Street, West Perth WA 6005
- Call our Customer Contact Centre on 08 9322 1644 between 9.00am and 5.00pm AWST Monday to Friday